Part Time Sale Associate
Village Maternity is a locally owned maternity and infant store located in University Village. We are currently looking for a part time sale associate who has experience in retail sales, can work evenings, weekends, holidays, and can work 10-25 hours a week.
· Flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, holidays.
· Team player and strong communicator
· Must be professional, dependable, and punctual.
· Previous retail sales, with strong selling skills.
· Self-motivated, self-training, and professional development.
· Positive, friendly, outgoing, with a strong work ethic.
We are looking for a responsible Assistant Manager to help organize and run our retail store and fill in for the Store Manager when needed. Our ideal candidate will have retail manager skills with a sharp business mindset. You should also be skilled at organizing and solving problems. Interpersonal and mediation skills will also be very useful, since you’ll often be acting as a liaison between managers, employees and customers.
• Assist the Retail Store Manager in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers
• Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders and payments)
• Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
• Monitor and maintain store inventory
• Evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs
• Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
• Coach and support new and existing Sales Associates
• Suggest sales training programs and techniques
• Communicate with clients and evaluate their needs
• Analyze consumer behavior and adjust product positioning
• Handle complaints from customers
• Research emerging products and use information to update the store’s merchandise
• Create reports, analyze and interpret retail data
• Conduct regular audits to ensure the store is functionable and presentable
• Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
• Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff
• Proven experience as a Retail Assistant Manager or similar position
• Experience with recruiting and performance evaluation processes
• Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
• Good math skills with the ability to create and analyze reports, spreadsheets and sales statistics
• Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
• Leadership and organizational abilities
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Problem-solving attitude
• Flexibility to work in shifts
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.