Williams Sonoma at University Village is hiring for the following:
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Receive shipments and accurately maintain inventory records. Maintain stockroom and off-site locations. Assist sales team in replenishing sales floor after shipment or during recovery periods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Exemplify the highest level of customer service standards to internal and external customers.
* Scan shipment as delivered.
* Ticket and stock merchandise in the stock room or prepare for immediate distribution to the sales floor.
* Provide feedback to supervisor regarding inventory levels and damages.
* Organize stockroom by department and categories and stock merchandise on appropriate shelves or in off site locations. Adjust stocking procedures to ensure aisles and exits are clear.
* Ensure that merchandise is safely stored, properly ticketed packaged and logged, and easily located for replenishment.
* Pack and log merchandise as required for customer deliveries.
* Transport merchandise to and from remote stockroom locations and maintain accurate inventory records.
* Ensure that the stockroom is clean, swept, with garbage removed and supplies organized.
* May assist on sales floor during peak times and as assigned.
* Complete tasks listed on daily agenda or as assigned (i.e., maintenance of store, lighting, cleaning).
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
* Ensure all appropriate stockroom procedures are followed to minimizeloss to the company.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 1-2 years stockroom (or related work.) experience.
* 1-2 years customer service experience preferred.
* Basic product knowledge preferred but not required.
* Effective time management skill to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Valid driver’s license (where applicable).
* Ability to be mobile in the stockroom or on sales floor for extended periods of time
* Proven ability to operate and read scanning equipment for extended periods.
* Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business. Casual associates must be available to work a minimum of three regularly scheduled shifts, one regularly scheduled shift during the weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday) and two regularly scheduled shifts during weekdays. Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
* Ability to lift and carry medium-to-large items, weighing up to 100 lbs., utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
*Example: A Casual associate has open availability on Saturday, but does not have Sunday availability. The associate still satisfies the requirement of having two available shifts on the weekend, both just happen to be on Saturday
EDUCATION: High school diploma (or equivalent) preferred
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com