Crate and Barrel
Full Time Furniture Sales Associate
Crate and Barrel Furniture Sales Associates have a passion for helping customers see what is possible with the latest on-trend merchandise. They do this by building meaningful and long-term relationships with their customers, and use their comprehensive knowledge to guide and advise customers looking to furnish an entire room or simply add an accent piece. Our Furniture Sales Associates are up-to-date on the latest trends, and are trained to work with a range of design styles from classic to contemporary. In addition, Furniture Sales Associates utilize digital tools and technology during in-store and in-home consultations to show our customers how our furniture, fabrics and décor can bring their vision to life. If you enjoy working with customers in a competitive team environment, have a passion for helping customers with their home interiors and have a proven ability to drive sales, this position has the potential to offer you a creative and rewarding career.
What you’ll do:
- Support and maintain store sales (including furniture and housewares products) and service goals as communicated by Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service.
- Promote design services to our customers in order to elevate their shopping experience and distinguish Crate and Barrel from competitors. This may include In-Store Design consultations, In-Home Design consultations, and virtual design consultations.
- Support eCommerce through design chat, CSC training, and Centralized Design services as needed
- Maintain awareness of all systems, products and resources while selling throughout the entire store; supporting Crate and Barrel as an evolving omni-channel business.
- Demonstrate company standards in selling, customer service, visual merchandising and teamwork.
- Build rapport with customers by demonstrating product knowledge and the use of strong interpersonal skills
- Develop new and lasting relationships with customers through prospecting and clienteling
- Provide feedback, share observations, assessments and ongoing solutions with the Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader.
What you’ll bring:
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to build/maintain a client base and provide creative furnishing solutions for customers’ needs
- 6+ months competitive sales or interior design service experience preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
For all FT and PT roles: Availability to work days, evenings and weekends, including Saturday and Sunday in some weeks
For PT roles: Availability to be scheduled 12+ hours per week (16+ is preferred), with a minimum of 8 hours and two shifts on Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday
For more information and to apply, click here.