b8ta is a software-powered retail showroom for out-of-the-box consumer hardware and IoT products. With user experience at its core, b8ta gives makers complete control over their brands while providing the essential hands-on experience for consumers and early adopters. Visit b8ta online at b8ta.com.
We are seeking experienced retail sales staff, aka b8ta testers, who are great communicators and born technophiles to work in our new location in University Village, Seattle. Our ideal candidate is excited about technology and emerging consumer hardware trends and would consider him or herself an “early adopter.” We’re looking for b8ta testers with a passion for great customer service and who love to help others learn about the latest hardware products and prototypes.
● 3+ years of experience in a high-touch customer service role
● Excited about new and emerging technology
● Great people and communication skills
Assist b8ta visitors through the discovery, experience, and purchase process
Maintain an expert-level knowledge of all products in the showroom; attend trainings and keep
current with product research and FAQs
Be able to speak to b8ta’s vision and mission statement with visitors as requested
Help clean, organize, and restock the showroom
Assist as needed with merchandising and inventory management
We are seeking a passionate merchandise manager to take ownership of operations in an
innovative new retail store for emerging technology and consumer electronics. Our ideal
candidate is passionate about technology and emerging consumer hardware trends and would
consider themselves an “early adopter.” S/he has an entrepreneurial spirit and has created
world-class retail experiences.
We are a small but mighty team that spans the spectrum of competencies, propensities, and
personalities. One thing we all have in common, however, is passion. As savvy consumers,
we’re dedicated to changing the face of retail for everyone involved. And as self-proclaimed
technophiles, we’re just as passionate about bringing amazing new products to the people,
We are focused on user experience—both for our visitors and our product makers. Thus we are
looking for a manager who has an unrelenting desire to make sure every visitor has a seamless
and satisfying experience with products, our displays, and staff.
● Maintain product merchandising strategy and inventory management
● Ensure training and product knowledge standards for retail associates
● Work with the general manager to develop and test merchandise standards that can be
● Assist general manager in creating operational standards for future stores
● Assist in planning and execution of events and and in-store promotions
● Ensure the highest level of customer service
● Oversee day-to-day operations of the store
● Assist partnerships team with product performance and customer feedback analysis
● 3+ years experience leading teams in a retail environment
● Previous experience in product merchandising and events marketing
● Previous experience in a retail technology, hardware, or IoT environment
We are looking for a candidate who will grow with us in all facets of our business (retail, sales,
marketing, and operations) as we scale. This will include opportunities in creating operational
and business standards and launching new stores.